We love beer, we love jalapenos, why not mix the two. Get ready for some great flavors. I originally saw this in a post on facebook from Jackie Dodd who is an amazing chef and writer.
Oh and I forgot to mention that her photographs are top notch. Check out her website at www.thebeeroness.com after you make the recipe for yourself!
I posted this on Instagram and Jackie told me that my Nachos will never be the same. So now I can’t wait to try them with nachos. Actually, I really need to step up my nacho game anyway. Thanks Jackie!
These peppers are great by themselves or can be used to enhance just about anything. Pizza, Shrimp, Nachos, Tacos, Eggs to name a few. I went through this first batch really fast, so be prepared to make this over and over again. It’s one of those things I like to have in the fridge and when friends stop in we pull out the jar and have a few.
- 1 IPA beer
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- In a large sauce pan, add the vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Stir together on medium heat until the salt and sugar dissolve
- Once dissolved, stir in beer, and bring to boil and immediately remove from heat
- Pour into jar and let liquid cool
- Slice peppers thinly and add into cooled liquid
- Cap and wait 24 hours for first taste
Beer Pickled Jalapenos
As mentioned, this recipe has be derived from www.thebeeroness.com. See that recipe here.
Enjoy this quick and easy recipe, have fun it. Mix it up, try it different ways and post about it here below!